A common cause of low back pain is when our deep core muscles do not fire before we actually move our trunk or limbs. This can easily happen from prolonged sitting, from too many forward bend postures or even after an episode of low back pain, where the hip flexor muscles override the stabilising role of the deep transverse abdominis muscle. Our intelligent body knows that we cannot stabilise our spine without core support and so signals pain so that we will not harm ourselves. This test enables us to monitor ourselves (or others) and also becomes the therapy to reestablish the correct sequencing of our core firing before we move!
To watch video please click here.
- Core Sequencing - July 8, 2017
- What Are We Stretching? - June 10, 2017
- Motion is lotion for our joints! - April 29, 2017
- Natural Breathing – What is it? - March 30, 2017
- The Iliopsoas Myth - February 4, 2017
- Heal Yourself – Reducing Stress on your Neck - January 21, 2017
- Low Back Pain & Spinal Stabilisation - December 27, 2016
- Heal Yourself – Low Back Pain & Spinal Stabilisation - December 27, 2016
- Healing Yourself – Anterior Shoulder Pain - November 25, 2016
- Mapping Out The Hand - October 29, 2016