A video in which Gregor talks about the relationship between asana, pranayama and meditation on one hand, and objective and objectless samadhi on the other. He puts this in context with the panchakosha doctrine of the Upanishads and the concepts of conditioning and subconscious imprint as described in Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra. Discussed is also the influence of mind and ego on transformative states and the difference between the two samadhis and their importance for finding ones life’s purpose.
To watch please click here.
- Ashtanga’s Flawed Teacher Accreditation Process - June 9, 2018
- Mary Taylor’s response to Karen Rain’s interview - May 31, 2018
- My Initial Response to Karen Rain’s Interview About Sexual Abuse - May 17, 2018
- Ashtanga Yoga Stories from Norman Blair - May 15, 2018
- Yoga’s Culture of Sexual Abuse by Matthew Remski - May 15, 2018
- The Five States of the Afflictions - May 12, 2018
- Mayurasana (peacock posture) - April 28, 2018
- Uniting Opposites in Asana - April 13, 2018
- On Civilization in Crisis and What Yoga Could Do - March 14, 2018
- A Brief Overview of the Eight Limbs - March 10, 2018