Date(s) - 01/10/2017
the yoga clinic perth
220 Carr Place
The Art & Science of Adjusting Wisely
with Dr Monica Gauci
Chiropractor, Yoga Therapist
There are MANY different ways to adjust a yoga posture…
There are VERY FEW ways to adjust a yoga posture that is safe, respectful, effective and anatomically and sound!
- Learn what makes an adjustment safe and sound and the ingredients that make up a quality adjustment.
- Appreciate the differences that effect student’s abilities and limitations and learn how to respectfully accommodate these.
- Understand the difference of visual, auditory and kinesthetic (touch) cues to communication.
- Recognise the profound power of touch to educate, transform and heal.
- Know when it is appropriate to use verbal instruction, the guidance of light touch, hands-on corrections or body-weight adjustments.
- Learn postural corrections and adjustments to a variety of postures within the main asana groups, eg, back bends, forward bends, twists.
- Discover which postures are unsafe to adjust and understand why.
- Practice the art and science of adjusting on fellow yogis.
- Feel confident to guide, assist and enhance your student’s practice with beneficial, quality, safe and effective corrections!
Monica draws on adjusting principles from her professional education as a Chiropractor combined with her 39 years of personal yoga practice. Her insights as a therapist make this workshop powerfully relevant. Her teaching is guided by her passion to help others.
Bookings are closed for this event.