We are back in Bali teaching our Immersions. Although Bali is developing at a rapid pace I am surprised at the still rather gentle, feminine vibration that is discernible here during meditation. This lunar culture is still withstanding the solar onslaught of industrialization and globalization.
It again feels great to be in Immersion. It seems to be the best use of both teachers’ and students’ time to confer knowledge at the rate of nine hours per day. As it is getting more difficult to get students away from their responsibilities for any length of time, it makes sense to subject them not just to two or four hours of yoga per day but to a full nine-hour day.
In the past I often felt rather frustrated at teaching formats that gave me the possibility to convey 2 hours of only asana per day or only a limited array of aspects of yoga.
Immersion gives us the opportunity to cover, apart from asana, also philosophy, pranayama, anatomy, meditation and teaching skills in great detail. Even after a 32-hour (four full days) intensive pranayama or meditation module I still wish to have covered the subject in more detail.
Here in the Immersion we can do that as we have students for a full 200 to 300 hours. That is a great luxury. It is the most rewarding format for me as I feel that I can make here the deepest impact and facilitate the greatest amount of change in the life of students.
We will be here in Ubud for 22 days and then move on to Tejakula for five weeks of 300-hours Immersion.
Greetings from Bali
- On Civilization in Crisis and What Yoga Could Do - March 14, 2018
- A Brief Overview of the Eight Limbs - March 10, 2018
- Only if posture becomes effortless can it support higher yoga. - March 2, 2018
- What is Yoga Asana? - February 17, 2018
- What is the Most Important Part of Yoga? - February 2, 2018
- Modern Yoga: What it is and What it could be - January 20, 2018
- What happens after liberation? - January 6, 2018
- Immersion - December 23, 2017
- How do you know that you live your own destiny? - December 8, 2017
- Samadhi, Conditioning and Finding ones Life’s Purpose - November 24, 2017