Last night I had an hour-long phone conversation with the Canadian yoga researcher Matthew Remski about his inquiry into alleged sexual abuse conducted by the late K Pattabhi Jois. I found Matthew to be a very caring and genuine person and I am sharing here his article on the subject.
It is important at this point that we as a movement are not coming from ‘sticking our head into the sand’ or ‘defending the fortress’. We need to listen to those women who have been assaulted and acknowledge and support them so that some form of healing can begin.
For article please go to
- My Initial Response to Karen Rain’s Interview About Sexual Abuse - May 17, 2018
- Ashtanga Yoga Stories from Norman Blair - May 15, 2018
- Yoga’s Culture of Sexual Abuse by Matthew Remski - May 15, 2018
- The Five States of the Afflictions - May 12, 2018
- Mayurasana (peacock posture) - April 28, 2018
- Uniting Opposites in Asana - April 13, 2018
- On Civilization in Crisis and What Yoga Could Do - March 14, 2018
- A Brief Overview of the Eight Limbs - March 10, 2018
- Only if posture becomes effortless can it support higher yoga. - March 2, 2018
- What is Yoga Asana? - February 17, 2018