Last night I had an hour-long phone conversation with the Canadian yoga researcher Matthew Remski about his inquiry into alleged sexual abuse conducted by the late K Pattabhi Jois. I found Matthew to be a very caring and genuine person and I am sharing here his article on the subject.
It is important at this point that we as a movement are not coming from ‘sticking our head into the sand’ or ‘defending the fortress’. We need to listen to those women who have been assaulted and acknowledge and support them so that some form of healing can begin.
For article please go to
- Monica on Ashtanga Dispatch - February 16, 2019
- Uddiyana Bandha elusive no more - February 12, 2019
- Mula Bandha Elusive no More - January 18, 2019
- Clearing the Floor when Jumping Through - January 7, 2019
- Truth and Reconciliation in Ashtanga Yoga – Gregor interviewed by J. Brown - November 21, 2018
- Biodiversity Loss Threatens Humanities Survival - November 18, 2018
- Gregor interviewed by Modern Yogi - November 9, 2018
- Humanity has wiped out 60% of mammals, birds, fish and reptiles since 1970 - October 30, 2018
- Safely Executing Leg-Behind-Head Postures for the Long-Term. - October 26, 2018
- “It took me 20 years to reclaim my agency and overturn the shame” - October 12, 2018