Last night I had an hour-long phone conversation with the Canadian yoga researcher Matthew Remski about his inquiry into alleged sexual abuse conducted by the late K Pattabhi Jois. I found Matthew to be a very caring and genuine person and I am sharing here his article on the subject.
It is important at this point that we as a movement are not coming from ‘sticking our head into the sand’ or ‘defending the fortress’. We need to listen to those women who have been assaulted and acknowledge and support them so that some form of healing can begin.
For article please go to
- The Number One Thing We Can Do To Save The Biosphere? - September 7, 2018
- Inversions update - August 25, 2018
- Earth Overshoot Day Brought Forward Two Days - August 11, 2018
- Anneke Lucas’ story - August 4, 2018
- Why Didn’t Somebody Warn Me? A Pattabhi Jois #MeToo Story by Jubilee Cooke - July 19, 2018
- Questioning Authorities - July 7, 2018
- Ashtanga or only Ekanga Yoga? - June 23, 2018
- Ashtanga’s Flawed Teacher Accreditation Process - June 9, 2018
- Mary Taylor’s response to Karen Rain’s interview - May 31, 2018
- My Initial Response to Karen Rain’s Interview About Sexual Abuse - May 17, 2018